Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Eco-Chic iPhones

If you're an iPhone lover like myself, there are tons of ways to personalize your device and make it eco-chic. My favorite thing to do is download applications. Here's my list of some great apps for the green lovers out there.

1. The Good Guide (free) - This app is a great resource for finding sustainable and safe products. It allows you to scan barcodes of items (personal care products, groceries, toys, and much more) to see how they rate on environmental, health, and society levels. Their database is constantly being updated so don't be discouraged if an item doesn't show up.

2.  The Gorgeously Green Survival Guide ($0.99) - Another wonderful reference tool, the GG survival guide is based off of the book by Sophie Uliano (awesome read!). It has a portable checklist of ingredients to avoid in beauty products, eco and money saving tips, as well as nutritional guidelines.

3. VegOut ($2.99) - For the vegetarian that loves eating out: this is the app for you! Powered by HappyCow.net, this guide shows all of the vegan, vegetarian, and vegetarian-friendly restaurants and health food stores in your area.



4. Ecoki (free) - Ecoki is one of my favorite blogs and I love being able to read it on the go. It features great news articles on sustainable living, recipes, tips and much more.

5. iGreen ($0.99) - iGreen is the ultimate app for green news. It keeps you up to date with several different sites such as About My Planet and Hybrid Car Blog. There's always tons to read!




I recently cracked my 3GS and shelled out almost 500 bucks for the newer iPhone 4 (I know, I'm not proud). Needless to say, I'm on the hunt for a new case and came across these adorable ones made out of plant materials.

I usually find eco-friendly cases to be rather boring or just flat out ugly so these are absolutely delightful. I plan on ordering one soon. You can buy yours at Bioserie for $34.95.

2 comments: