Thursday, March 10, 2011

Affordable Eco Beauty Buys

Finding good, eco-friendly make-up always seems to be a bit of struggle for me. Although I love a good splurge here or there, I have trouble shelling out twenty bucks for a single eyeshadow, no matter how wonderful it may be. Without skimping on quality, here's a few of my favorites that didn't break the bank.


Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin Jumbo Lash Mascara - $9.95 (drugstores)



Many have raved about the original Organic Wear mascara and it's ability to lengthen and define lashes without chemicals or synthetics. Now meet it's bolder cousin. Jumbo Lash has a bigger brush, very similar to the original. It's great for layering and creating lots of drama. My lashes stayed soft and flexible, yet very defined. For those who are fans of the original, give this one a try!


Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm - $6.99 (drugstores)






I am a self-declared Burt's Bees fanatic, especially after the release of these tinted balms. They're a perfect fresh slick of color and a nice switch up from plain old chapstick. Rose has become a staple in my make-up bag. The simple packaging and light scent are wonderful. The only downside is their lasting power, but they are most definitely worth reapplying.


Cargo PlantLove Green Glamour Kit - $29.00 (dermstore.com)


I was seriously craving a good eyeshadow palette when I came across this item. Filled with 18 shadows, this palette is a wonderful collection of brights and neutrals with mainly shimmering finishes and a few mattes. Considering a single eyeshadow from PlantLove is $18.00, this is an incredible bargain (granted, they are smaller, but not at all tiny).



I couldn't find many solid reviews on this product so I was reluctant to buy it, but I'm glad I did. The shades are really beautiful. They look much better in person than they do on the computer. With the exception of 'Loon', all of the shadows are silky and blendable. 'Loon' was a bit gritty for some reason. However, when used wet, the texture was much easier to work with. I definitely recommend this for those who like to play up their eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment