Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Green Your Routine: Mother Approved

Hello there! It's been a little while, but I'm back in action, ready to blog :)



Green living has been my passion for over a year now. It all started with an environmental class and I was hooked. My beauty routine was the first thing to go green and I've become obsessed with eco-friendly cosmetics (oh, and fashion, can't forget about fashion).

Now that I've cleaned up my body lotions and such, I'm ready to move onto greener pastures (pun intended). Lucky for my mom, I've been dragging her along the way. Phrases like, "No, Mom! You can't buy that!" have turned me into the eco police of our household.

My mother is a coupon-clipping, sale-searching kind of woman and I love that about her. She's all for making better choices, but not so crazy about the price of eco-friendliness. Slowly but surely, I'm helping her green up the household.

Seventh Generation products are a good start. Chances are, you've heard of their wide array of products (from cleaners to baby products). Prices are reasonable and most stores carry them, making it a simple switch. We use their dishwashing detergent and it works just as well as any other one.


Oh and coupon clippers, rejoice: sign up for an account on their website and you'll be printing savings in no time. It seriously takes one minute to sign up.

Garbage bags are another necessary household switch. Plastic bags make me cringe so I was elated to have found Green Genius bags. Instead of sitting in a landfill forever, these bags will be there for just two years.



I found them right in ShopRite and guess what? There's a coupon for it! Click here for $2.00 off.


I am so sick of hearing the "green is too expensive" excuse. People are just lazy, that's the real excuse. The internet has so many coupons for green products, you just have to look for them! To be green and save tons of money? Nothing makes me happier :)

1 comment:

  1. I am excited to find better solutions for our environment with the help of my daughter. Thanks and I love you.

    ReplyDelete